Work Permit and Visa

Work Permit and Visa

Poland is located in the middle of Europe. It links East and West not only geographically but also culturally. The country's territory is 322,575 sq km; inhabited by 38 million people. Poland is a dream country for those who love to study and work in Poland. Here, you will find a wide selection of courses you can take at low cost. Polish universities are eager to welcome foreign students, while Polish cities not only offer suitable conditions for studying but also boast plenty of attractions. When you are studying in Poland, you can work at the same time. You will be able to earn money for your daily expenditures and also you get a chance to get to know new people and learn more about the country. If you are studying in Poland and you have a Stay Card (Karta pobytu), you can legally work in the country


Work permit for Foreigner's to work in Poland

Employer must apply to the Voivode (Polish Province Governor) for a work permit. A labour market test will be conducted to show that no suitably qualified settled worker can be found to fill a particular job vacancy. The employer must also satisfy the requirements set out by the relevant legislative provisions. Once you have obtained a work permit, you may apply for a residence permit or a long-stay visa for the purpose of performing work. You should submit your application to the embassy or consulate in the country of origin or to a Voivode that is competent for the place of your residence. The work permit for foreigners must be collected in person at the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners Malopolska Regional Office. Regulations on employing foreigners in Poland are specified in the Act on promoting employment and labour market institutions of 20 April 2004. Each foreigner who, pursuant to regulations, is not released from the obligation to have a permit to work in Poland and who wishes to become employed in Poland must have an appropriate permit. Work permit is issued for a specified period of time, not longer than 3 years and may be prolonged. Permits are issued for a specific employer, specific foreigner and in a specific place for a specific work position for a period defined by specific dates. There is some information that you have to know before working in Poland:

Work while studying

Poland Offers huge amount of job offers for students. You can help to pay for your education by working part-time while you're studying. International students have the right to work while studying in Poland as long as they are enrolled in an Institution. For Non EU students, It is compulsory to hold a valid residency permit. The right to work applies to all students, including those who are in Poland for the first time, those who are enrolled in the first year of a university program, and those who are enrolled full-time in a language school. During studies there is 20hrs work permitted as well as 3 months of full time work during holidays. Full time work is permitted for Residence Card holders.

Work After studying

At the moment Poland is one of the best places around the world to find a job as an English teacher. TEFL courses (that's Teaching English as a Foreign Language) are run in many cities across Poland. The demand for TEFL teachers is enormous and teaching language is a brilliant way to fund your travel and earn as you go. Finding other work in Poland is more difficult unless you speak Polish. You can work in Poland without any restriction after finish your Studies. Students from different countries of the European Union may work in Poland after they graduate. Don't worry if you prefer to stay and work in Poland. As a graduate of a Polish higher education institution full-time program, you don't need a permit to work here. Just make sure your stay permit is in order. Students who obtain a job or accept employment can obtain a work permit. It may be really hard to leave such a beautiful country after you complete your education here.


he terms and conditions of the salary shall be specified by collective labour agreements or sectoral collective labour agreements salary rules and employment contracts. Salary is payable for the work that has been carried out. An employee has the right to salary for the time when no work was carried out solely when it is stipulated so by the provisions of law. The payment of the salary for the work is made at least once per month on a fixed day agreed upon in advance. To protect the salaries, the Polish Labour Code includes a provision stipulating that an employee is not allowed to resign from their remuneration or to transfer it to another person.

Visa and work permit obtained before arrival to Poland

Work permits are issued by a relevant office (voivod office).You will need a work permit , if you are applying for an employment visa to Poland. It is your future employer in Poland who has to apply for the work permit for you. After receiving it, she/he has to send it to you so that you can submit it along with the visa application in an appropriate consular unit in your home country. Having received the work permit and the employment visa, you can enter and work in Poland legally. If you intend to work in Poland for longer than 3 months, you have to legalize your stay by obtaining a residence permit.

Employment contracts

The Polish labour system allows for several types of work contract to be concluded between an employer and a future employee. All types of contracts should be concluded in a written form. Among other things, they determine the parties of the contract or agreement, its type, the starting and ending dates, the type of work or results to be achieved. In the case of typical employment contracts, the revenue earned is charged with all labour costs.

Univerisity © 2014 All Rights Reserved.   Follow Us: